- Peer Learning with Eli Review Teaching and Learning Community (TLC), led by John Holland. Weekly webinars with Melissa Meeks to develop effective, empowering peer review practices in the classroom. January 2020-May 2020.
- “Start with your Heart: Develop your own Community Responsive Teaching Philosophy.” CEETL Happy Hour Workshop Series, SFSU. Discussed how to be in-tune with your students’ lives and responsive to their communities; workshopped my own teaching philosophy. November 21, 2019.
- “Use Student Feedback to Improve Your Course.” CEETL Happy Hour Workshop Series, SFSU. Discussed various ways to collect feedback from students (Qualtrix surveys, reflections, student conferences, SGIFs) October 17, 2019.
- “New Beginnings: Facilitating Academic Transitions.” CEETL Happy Hour Workshop Series, SFSU. Discussed strategies for handling professional transitions as adjunct faculty, and guiding our students in transitions to college, experiencing grief, using new technologies, etc. September 19, 2019.
- CEETL “First Year Pedagogies in Inclusive Excellence” (FY-PIE) 2-day Institute. Focus included First Year experience; Health, well-being, mindfulness; study skills and time management; identity, belonging, and inclusion; critical digital literacies; rhetorical awareness; e-portfolio development. May 30-31, 2019.
- “Personalizing Positional Pedagogy: Integrating Transparency, Anti-oppressive Assessment, and Active Learning Practices.” CEETL Happy Hour Workshop Series, SFSU. December 4, 2018.
FALL 2020 FACULTY INSERVICE PRESENTATION
“Beginning the Conversation: Integrating Social Justice into our Classrooms.” Co-facilitated interactive workshop with Joan Wong and Jolie Goorjian.
FALL 2019 FACULTY INSERVICE PRESENTATIONS
“Campus Partnerships, The Experimental College and the CAP Certificate” slideshow
“Faculty Involvement” and the SFSU Experimental College”
“Open Pedagogy, Open Web Annotation, Open Minds” about Zero Cost Course Materials, including use of hypothes.is, Medium.com, blogger, and wordpress. October 7 & 8, 2019.
SPRING 2019 FACULTY INSERVICE PRESENTATIONS
“Grading without the Grief II.” Co-Facilitated workshop for Faculty Inservice Day, SFSU Writing Program. March 6, 2019.
“Student agency in the classroom.” Co-Facilitated interactive workshop for Faculty Inservice Day, SFSU Writing Program, March 6, 2019.
Service to the University
- ExCo: Experimental College (ExCo) Faculty Advisory Boardmember; ExCo CAP Co-Coordinator for Writing Program. FALL 2019-PRESENT
- FYE: First Year Experience Committee Faculty representative for Writing Program. FALL 2019-PRESENT.
- Social Justice Learning Circle: I facilitated the Social Justice Learning Circle and Marginal Syllabus Project, beginning with texts on antiracist teaching and writing assessment. FALL 2018-SPRING 2019.
- FYE Learning Circle: I participated in Nicole Brodsky’s First Year Experience and Belonging Learning Circle; collaboratively developed assignments. FALL 2018-SPRING 2019:
- CSL Learning Circle: I participated in Community Service Learning (CSL) Learning Circle; in Fall 2018 I developed an ICCE grant proposal for ENG 114 with support from CSL Learning Circle members. FALL 2016-PRESENT.
- Host Teacher in CEETL’s “Open Classrooms: Teaching as a Specta(c)tor Sport” with two teacher observers, one tenured Biology professor and an English Composition GTA. April 2019.
- Mentor Teacher for LAC Embedded tutoring program. SPRING 2017-PRESENT.
- Metro Program Instructor (SPRING 2018-FALL 2018) / ongoing Metro partner.
- Affordable Instructional Materials (AIM) Award for reducing cost of learning to students.Fall 2019.
- Center for Excellence and Equity in Teaching and Learning (CEETL) First Year Experience Award. Spring 2018.
EXTRA-COLLEGIAL Professional Development